Raconteur is seeking first-class sales individuals to create special interest B2B campaigns involving business reports in The Times / The Sunday Times and digital content solutions on raconteur.net. The role is similar to that of a movie producer: write the script, finance it by pitching advertisers and hand-pick the team that is going to create it, project managing multiple elements throughout. The end result of each campaign which you manage is a 16-page report distributed nationwide. Seeing your name printed on the first page as “Campaign Manager” in The Times / Sunday Times makes this a sales role with a tangible and rewarding output!
This is a fast-paced, unique sales role – giving you access to a national press platform where the content you commission can inspire and challenge the UK’s largest and most senior business readership. It’s an amazing opportunity to heighten your business acumen while growing and inspiring your creativity.
The successful applicant will join a vibrant, energetic and collaborative team who are driven by high performance.
- Create revenue to fund the project and make it profitable by selling print advertising and advertorial spaces within the Special Report
- Identify digital revenue opportunities from conversations and sell appropriate digital content solutions on our premium content website, raconteur.net
- Prospect effectively, organize your time, and deliver credible, professional sales pitches to new prospects in order to achieve ambitious sales targets
- Using strong research skills, identify trends and unique ideas for each report topic to develop an in-depth knowledge of the subject and feed into the editorial planning process
- Project manage the process – providing input on editorial and design, including liaison with expert freelance journalists and our award-winning in- house design team to ensure the finished products meets the standards expected by all stakeholders
The ideal candidate:
- Experience working to and exceeding sales targets
- Some sales experience gained in a commercially geared role
- Digital publishing sales experience or good knowledge of digital publishing solutions
- Ambitious, inspiring, creative and inquisitive
- Passionate about sales and business development - you see sales as a career path
- Can excel in a fast-paced environment
Remuneration & Benefits:
- £55k OTE (commission is uncapped - high performers can earn £70k+)
- Highly flexible remote working policy
- Private health and dental insurance
- 25 days holiday per annum, +1 additional day holiday for each year worked at the company (capped at a max of 3)
- Raconteur Day (annual day away from the office which does not use any holiday)
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Lots of social activities
- Well stocked drinks fridge
At Raconteur we recognise that diversity is critical to our continued success, growth and enjoyment at work. We seek to hire, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and therefore encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.