As Raconteur grows we are looking to hire a Web Developer to manage, improve and expand
our online capabilities. This front-end role will take full ownership of all Raconteur’s consumer
facing websites, and work closely with the Design Director and Head of Online & Editorial to
make sure Raconteur remains at the forefront of the digital publishing landscape.
Reporting in to the Design Director, and sitting in the multifaceted design team which includes
graphic designers, digital designers and illustrators, the Web Developer will play a key role in
the continued improvement of all of Raconteur’s digital products, whether this be the main
websites, our data-visualisation offerings or one-off pieces of interactive content.
This role would suit a developer who wants to work in a collaborative environment with the
design team, data team and editorial teams; all key stakeholders in our digital publishing
offering. It’s truly important that the successful candidate recognises the need to put the
reader/customer experience at the heart of everything we do - our digital offering is essential to
the long-term growth plans of the company which means we need a developer who will make
recommendations and push us to continually improve our products and processes.
Raconteur is a high-end media publication for business leaders across a wide range of sectors.
2021 has been a year of exceptional growth for us and the company has expanded rapidly.
We’re proud of our digital offering and believe it stands up to our competitors, however we know
we can do more. We want to be best-in-class in B2B digital publishing and this role is key to
making that happen.
● Build and maintain WordPress themes (Gutenberg)
● Build and maintain WordPress Custom plugins
● Build Interactive Infographics / Charts
● Remote services integration
● Online advertising integrations (Ad Manager)
● Email templates / CRM system integration
● PHP (preferably using object-oriented methodologies) and MySQL
● Front-end performance best practices and web standards
● CSS and SASS
● Git version control
● Composer and NPM package managers
● REST API
Nice to have:
● Experience of DevOps on LAMP/ LEMP stacks
● Experience of Web Design and UX
● Experience of Animation for Websites
● Experience with React ( Gatsby / Next.js )
Remuneration & Additional benefits:
● Salary: DOE
● BUPA Health Insurance
● BUPA Dental Insurance
● Highly flexible Remote Working policy
● 25 days holiday per annum, +1 additional day holiday for each year worked at the company (capped at a max of three)
● Personal Learning & Development budget
● Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
● Raconteur Day (annual day away from the office which does not use any holiday)
● Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
● Work abroad up to 4 weeks per year
● Employee of the month award
● Lots of social activities
● Well stocked drinks fridge
At Raconteur we recognise that diversity is critical to our continued success, growth and
enjoyment at work. We seek to hire, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse
candidate pool, and therefore encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates
regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.