Studio manager @ Raconteur Agencies
Title: Studio Manager / Head of Production
Hiring Manager and reporting line: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Direct reports: 1 - Production assistant
Level: Mid-senior (>5 years relevant experience)
Salary: £45-55k DOE
Are you a highly-driven studio manager or production lead with the experience and ambition to run a large creative studio? Do you have the attitude to boss production, resource planning and traffic management? Are you frighteningly organised and all over the detail?
If you’re looking for a truly empowered production role, instrumental in everything from forecasting to talent recruitment. Working with leading creative talent from the worlds of design, development and copy.
This is the role for you.
You will be working directly with the Chief Operations Officer (COO) of Raconteur Agencies to run the creative studio for two leading creative agency brands: Sectorlight and alan. You don’t need to be the finished article but you must bring energy, determination, resourcefulness and the ability to problem-solve, at speed.
Raconteur Agencies is the agency arm of the media powerhouse, Raconteur Group. The group is made up of the publisher, Raconteur and marketing agencies: Sectorlight and alan. A collective united by the philosophy of intelligent storytelling.
Sectorlight and alan. have two distinct brand identities, targeting B2C and B2B respectively. However, both brands are powered by an integrated creative studio, comprising creatives, designers, artworkers, animators, developers and copywriters.
Raconteur Agencies has thrived during the pandemic, and is at the beginning of an ambitious growth phase following significant investment. The creative studio will be at the heart of this growth. The studio manager will be critical to its success.
- Oversee the resourcing of all creative projects
- Manage daily schedules across the studio
- Run weekly production meetings
- Report on work status and utilisation
- Manage internal resources and work with creative leads on resource allocation
- Forecast future resource requirements
- Responsible for recruitment and onboarding, including short-term freelance and contract hire (UK, EU, US and international)
- Manage 3rd party suppliers, e.g. image libraries, printers etc.
Skills & Experience
- 5 years+ experience within a traffic / resource management environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident decision maker
- Digital and print production experience
- Project management experience
- Experience using resource management / forecasting software
Nice to have
- InDesign proficiency (basic)
- Project Management qualification
- HR experience
- Client-facing / customer services experience
The Raconteur Group is based in a large modern office space in Aldgate, with lots of breakout space. Despite switching to a virtual model for the pandemic, we still have a tight-knit, supportive and entrepreneurial culture where we thrive on working together to create best-in-class products (which we tend to celebrate with a few drinks on a Friday).
Now lockdown restrictions have ended, we are shifting to a hybrid model of office and home working. This will ensure that everyone at the agency has the opportunity to access the space they need whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance.
We place a big emphasis on employee engagement, as well as wellbeing, with all staff trained around mental health, and mental health champions permanently in place to offer support and organise activities to promote good mental health.
As a media organisation, we live and die by the strength and originality of our creative ideas. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that we promote equality and diversity in our workplace, and we encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.