Title: Senior Designer
Hiring Manager and reporting line: Design Director
Level: Senior (>8 years relevant experience)
Salary: £40-45k DOE
Are you an exceptionally talented and driven Senior Designer with a strong conceptual mindset and powerful execution skills? Are you a natural problem solver who likes to work in close collaboration with clients and brands? Can you use intelligent storytelling to help us design and deliver best in class work across Financial Services, Tech and Property?
This is the role for you.
Working in partnership with our Design Directors and creative team, the Senior Designer takes both digital and print content projects from brief to completion. A powerhouse of creativity, the Senior Designer works closely with (and challenges) our clients to create fresh and engaging design solutions and concepts.
You will craft bespoke content and data visualisations, create editorial layouts, push your digital design skills across online and motion, in addition to working across branding opportunities and creative campaigns.
Raconteur Agencies is the agency arm of the media powerhouse, Raconteur Group. The group is made up of the publisher, Raconteur and marketing agencies: Sectorlight and alan. A collective united by the philosophy of intelligent storytelling.
Sectorlight and alan. have two distinct brand identities, targeting B2C and B2B respectively. However, both brands are powered by an integrated creative studio, comprising creatives, designers, artworkers, animators, developers and copywriters.
Raconteur Agencies has thrived during the pandemic, and is at the beginning of an ambitious growth phase following significant investment. The creative studio will be at the heart of this growth. The studio manager will be critical to its success.
- Producing design ideas across varied client briefs across multiple platforms and channels
- Influencing clients with creative input in addition to pitching new creative concepts when appropriate
- Creating visual content and comps for campaigns along with artwork and design for print, online and motion content across the Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Be an entrepreneurial lead on the development of creative and output
- Evaluate and monitor industry trends and brands, research industry developments in branding and marketing to stay at the cutting edge of creative excellence
- Strong project management skills, teamed with a natural talent for managing multiple varying sized projects seamlessly for high-profile clients
- The ability to confidently present to and influence clients and build strong and effective working relationships
- Solid visual design skills with beautiful typography and design fundamentals
- Strong art direction and concepting skills across 360 campaigns
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong typography, layout and technical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Capable of working across online collateral (static and animated), social media posts, web design and storytelling
- A working knowledge and understanding of UX/UI design, comfortable working within Figma across responsive design
- Some motion and video skills using After Effects & Premiere and the ability to storyboard Animation concepts would be advantageous
- Technical print knowledge with experience in branding
8 + years of relevant experience in:
- Digital/Web Design
The Raconteur Group is based in a large modern office space in Aldgate, with lots of breakout space. Despite switching to a virtual model for the pandemic, we still have a tight-knit, supportive and entrepreneurial culture where we thrive on working together to create best-in-class products (which we tend to celebrate with a few drinks on a Friday).
Now lockdown restrictions have ended, we are shifting to a hybrid model of office and home working. This will ensure that everyone at the agency has the opportunity to access the space they need whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance.
We place a big emphasis on employee engagement, as well as wellbeing, with all staff trained around mental health, and mental health champions permanently in place to offer support and organise activities to promote good mental health.
As a media organisation, we live and die by the strength and originality of our creative ideas. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that we promote equality and diversity in our workplace, and we encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.
- BUPA private health insurance
- BUPA dental insurance
- Flexible remote working policy
- 25 days holiday per annum, +1 additional day holiday for each year worked at the company (capped at a max of three)
- Personal Learning & Development budget
- Raconteur Day (annual day away from the office which does not use any holiday)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- Work Anywhere - work abroad up to 4 weeks a year
- Lots of social activities
- Well-stocked drinks fridge