Title: Motion Graphics Designer
Hiring Manager and reporting line: Design Director
Level: Mid-senior (>3 years relevant experience)
Salary: £32k-£35k DOE
Are you an exceptionally talented and driven Motion Graphics Designer with a strong conceptual mindset and powerful execution skills? Can you use intelligent storytelling to help us design and deliver best in class work across Financial Services, Tech and Property?
This is the role for you.
Working in partnership with our Design Directors and creative team, the Motion Graphics Designer should be comfortable working across multiple platforms and channels, creating and developing high quality animation, storyboards and animatics for use across web, social and campaign visuals. A natural storyteller, the Motion Graphics Designer should be able to take ideas and run with them, crafting seamless video narratives from roughs at storyboard stage, all the way through to the finished product.
Raconteur Agencies is the agency arm of the media powerhouse, Raconteur Group. The group is made up of the publisher, Raconteur and marketing agencies: Sectorlight and alan. A collective united by the philosophy of intelligent storytelling.
Sectorlight and alan. have two distinct brand identities, targeting B2C and B2B respectively. However, both brands are powered by an integrated creative studio, comprising creatives, designers, artworkers, animators, developers and copywriters.
Raconteur Agencies has thrived during the pandemic, and is at the beginning of an ambitious growth phase following significant investment. The creative studio will be at the heart of this growth. The studio manager will be critical to its success.
- Ideate and create stunning digital content using tools such as After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator
- Take design projects from brief through to completion, providing new ideas and creativity whilst working closely with (and pushing when needed) the client’s brand guidelines
- Produce designs to the client’s brief and exacting standards whilst positively challenging them with your creative input
- Interrogate and develop deep understanding of the brief and client’s requirements to deliver high quality results
- Manage the preparation of all finished files across the necessary outputs and specs
- Excellent client engagement skills with the ability to confidently present to and influence clients and build strong and effective working relationships
- Experience developing video narratives from storyboard to delivery
- An innate creative flair with concepting skills across multi-platforms
- Strong typography, composition and technical skills with excellent attention to detail
- An understanding how to work across online collateral (static and animated) i.e. animated social media posts and animation for web
- The ability to storyboard animation concepts, alongside creating low-fidelity animatics to sell-in your concepts and ideas
- The ability to talk through your ideas confidently with the team and clients
- 5+ years of relevant experience in:
- Motion Graphics
The Raconteur Group is based in a large modern office space in Aldgate, with lots of breakout space. Despite switching to a virtual model for the pandemic, we still have a tight-knit, supportive and entrepreneurial culture where we thrive on working together to create best-in-class products (which we tend to celebrate with a few drinks on a Friday).
Now lockdown restrictions have ended, we are shifting to a hybrid model of office and home working. This will ensure that everyone at the agency has the opportunity to access the space they need whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance.
We place a big emphasis on employee engagement, as well as wellbeing, with all staff trained around mental health, and mental health champions permanently in place to offer support and organise activities to promote good mental health.
As a media organisation, we live and die by the strength and originality of our creative ideas. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that we promote equality and diversity in our workplace, and we encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.
- BUPA private health insurance
- BUPA dental insurance
- Flexible remote working policy
- 25 days holiday per annum, +1 additional day holiday for each year worked at the company (capped at a max of three)
- Personal Learning & Development budget
- Raconteur Day (annual day away from the office which does not use any holiday)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- Work Anywhere - work abroad up to 4 weeks a year
- Lots of social activities
- Well-stocked drinks fridge