Location: London (flexible remote)
Title: Research & Insights Executive
Hiring Manager and reporting line: Head of Research & Insights
Level: Mid-senior (>3 years relevant experience)
Salary: £34k-£40k DOE
We’re looking for a smart, data-savvy individual to join our growing Research & Insights team. The role will be to generate, interpret and disseminate insight in all its forms.
Reporting to the Head of Research & Insights, the role sits within a creative studio that supports the Raconteur agencies, alan. and Sectorlight.
The individual will shape, and lead on, a variety of different research projects with world-leading brands. This includes traditional quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, focus groups, desk-based sources, and online panels.
The role will also be critical to the agencies on a wider level. We’re currently innovating to focus on insight-led marketing. The individual will be tasked with generating, and sharing audience and industry insights on an ongoing basis for various teams within the business; strategy, sales and marketing.
- Shape and innovate unique research programmes to help solve our clients’ problems
- Manage the end-to-end research design and delivery (qual and quant)
- Analyse findings in the form of raw data and data tables, then effectively communicate the results in a findings document
- Leverage insights from desk-based tools and technologies e.g. BuzzSumo, Moz, Google Trends etc.
- Liaise and build a network of fieldworkers and research partners
- Manage and build the insight resources accessible to the agencies
- Work with the Head of Research and Insights to build and maintain a machine for generating audience and industry insights
- Experience in market research, ideally with both qual and quant methodologies
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to leverage data to develop strategy/ decisions
- Familiar at analysing data, enjoys putting together data from multiple sources to tell a story
- Data storytelling capabilities, translating figures into rich and human insights
- Able working on a variety of projects simultaneously and manage deadlines
- Adaptable to learning new technologies and tools
- Excellent communication skills, able to present insightful thoughts to internal and external stakeholders
- A minimum of 2 years working in an insight-related role
Nice to have:
- Advanced data software capabilities e.g. Tableau, Excel pivot tables, SPSS or similar
- MRS qualification or equivalent
About Raconteur agencies
Raconteur Group is made up of the publisher, Raconteur and marketing agencies: Sectorlight and alan. A collective united by the philosophy of intelligent storytelling.
As part of Raconteur Group, we have a long heritage of data storytelling. The agencies work with some of the world’s largest brands on diverse and complex research briefs. Both agencies are now at the start of an ambitious growth phase following significant investment, with intelligence at the heart of that direction.
Sectorlight and alan. have two distinct brand identities, targeting B2C and B2B respectively. However, both brands are powered by an integrated creative studio, comprising the Research & Insights team, as well as creatives, designers, artworkers, animators, developers and copywriters.
The Raconteur Group is based in a large modern office space in Aldgate, with lots of breakout space. Despite switching to a virtual model for the pandemic, we have managed to maintain a tight-knit, supportive and entrepreneurial culture.
Now lockdown restrictions have ended, we are shifting to a hybrid model of office and home working. This will ensure that everyone at the agency can access the space they need whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance.
We place a big emphasis on employee engagement, as well as wellbeing, with all staff trained around mental health, and mental health champions permanently in place to offer support and organise activities to promote good mental health.
As a media organisation, we live and die by the strength and originality of our creative ideas. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that we promote equality and diversity in our workplace, and we encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.
- BUPA private health insurance
- Generous self-directed learning budget
- Flexible remote working policy
- 25 days holiday per annum, +1 additional day holiday for each year worked at the company (capped at a max of three)
- Raconteur Day (annual day away from the office which does not use any holiday)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- Work Anywhere - work abroad up to 4 weeks a year
- Lots of social activities
- Well-stocked drinks fridge
Unfortunately, at this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship so applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK