Sales Development Representative @ alan. agency
Title: Sales Development Representative
Salary: Base £25-28k DOE. OTE £40k
We’re looking for a full time, permanent position as an in-house SDR. A tenacious, driven
and proactive person who will come up with intelligent approaches to introduce alan. to
marketers within our target sectors. You’ll be eager to learn and passionate about the work
we produce. We look for talented, hard working individuals who are able to have a sense of
responsibility whilst also being a team player.
alan. is the agency arm of the media powerhouse, Raconteur Group. The group is made up
of the publisher, Raconteur and marketing agencies: Sectorlight and alan. A collective
united by the philosophy of intelligent storytelling.
Sectorlight and alan. have two distinct brand identities, targeting B2C and B2B respectively.
However, both brands are powered by an integrated creative studio, comprising creatives,
designers, artworkers, animators, developers and copywriters.
alan. has thrived during the pandemic, and is at the beginning of an ambitious growth
phase following significant investment. The sales function is at the heart of this growth and
the SDR will be critical to its success.
● Perform research and analysis on relevant brands and prospects
● Interact with prospects via telephone and email with a high attention to detail
● Ideation of approaches for emailing, messaging on LinkedIn and calling the
marketing decision-makers at major brands within the FS, Tech & PS sectors
● Drive brand awareness for alan. through intelligent interactions
● Understand marketers pain points and build rapport so you can develop & uncover
any potential opportunities for the sales team
● Execute outreach campaigns, review their success and adjust future approaches
● Communicate effectively with the sales and marketing teams
Skills & Experience
● Be able to articulate why you want a career in sales
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Must be self-motivated, persistent and have a real drive to succeed
● Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
● A strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables
● BA/BS degree or relevant experience
Nice to have
● 1+ year preferred working within a business development related sales role
● Marketing and agency knowledge is highly preferred
● Experience using a CRM
The Raconteur Group is based in a large modern office space in Aldgate, with lots of
breakout space. Despite switching to a virtual model for the pandemic, we have managed
to maintain a tight-knit, supportive and entrepreneurial culture.
Now lockdown restrictions have ended, we are shifting to a hybrid model of office and
home working. This will ensure that everyone at the agency has the opportunity to access
the space they need whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance.
We place a big emphasis on employee engagement, as well as wellbeing, with all staff
trained around mental health, and mental health champions permanently in place to offer
support and organise activities to promote good mental health.
As a media organisation, we live and die by the strength and originality of our creative
ideas. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that we promote equality and diversity in our
workplace, and we encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless
of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.
● BUPA private health insurance
● BUPA dental insurance
● Flexible remote working policy
● 25 days holiday per annum, +1 additional day holiday for each year worked at the
company (capped at a max of three)
● Personal Learning & Development budget
● Raconteur Day (annual day away from the office which does not use any holiday)
● Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
● Work Anywhere - work abroad up to 4 weeks a year
● Lots of social activities
● Well-stocked drinks fridge
Unfortunately, at this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship so applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK