Title: Senior strategist (Content, brand and digital)
Hiring Manager and reporting line: Chris Illman
Are you an ambitious senior strategist seeking the perfect home to continue your
development and growth?
If you’re looking for a wide ranging strategy role, spanning the key strategic disciplines - brand, content, and digital. Involving everything from campaign ideation to user journey mapping. Leading large scale research projects to shaping new brand identities. Working with leading brands from SAP to Google...
Then this is the role for you.
We don’t expect you to specialise in all of the areas referenced above. We just need deep expertise in at least one, with a foundational understanding of (and enthusiasm to learn about) the rest.
alan. is a unique agency proposition in the B2B market focusing on tech and financial
services. We are the sister agency to Raconteur - a high end media publication for business decision makers distributed in The Times - which brings access to a wealth of top journalistic and content creator talent, as well as a deep pool of research and insights resources and tools. alan. has thrived during the pandemic, and is at the beginning of an ambitious growth phase following significant investment. Critical to this growth will be the expansion of the agency’s strategy team; who are the heartbeat of the agency - responsible for shaping, creating and delivering our client projects.
What you’ll gain and develop experience in:
- Producing ideas and strategies for content and campaigns, which inspire and push the boundaries of marketing across digital and social platforms
- Delivering thought leadership and influencer marketing content projects; from research and strategy through to profiling, engagement and activation
- Shaping measurement processes and protocols; working with our measurement
specialists to demonstrate the ROI of our projects and campaigns
- Collaborating with the in-house design team to create innovative editorial and web
design; directing data-led storytelling
- Designing and delivering proprietary research programmes, as well as analysing survey results, and producing salient insights
- Managing and building strong client relationships; providing expert counsel
- Supporting on proposals, pitches and meetings for both new and existing business
- Driving and contributing to digital innovation and solutions within the strategy team
- Inquisitive and creative mind, ability to generate original ideas
- Understanding and appreciation of content marketing
- Excellent communication skills, an analytical mind and a talent for organisation
- Digital marketing experience
- Account / client stakeholder management experience
Ultimately, someone with the intelligence to assimilate complex information, and the artistry to see the story and the creativity to come up with winning ideas that really count.
Nice to haves:
- B2B marketing experience
- Tech and/or FS experience
- Background in editorial content creation
- SEO experience
alan. is [under normal circumstances] based in a large modern office space in Aldgate, with lots of breakout space. Despite switching to a virtual model for the pandemic, we still have a tight-knit, supportive and entrepreneurial culture where we thrive on working together to create best-in-class products (which we tend to celebrate with a few drinks on a Friday).
Once lockdown restrictions are lifted, we will shift to a hybrid model of office and home
working. This will ensure that everyone at the agency has the opportunity to access the space they need whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance.
We place a big emphasis on employee engagement (our engagement score through Peakon is 90%), as well as wellbeing, with all staff trained around mental health, and mental health 2champions permanently in place to offer support and organise activities to promote good mental health.
As a content agency for leading B2B brands, we live and die by the strength and originality of our creative ideas. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that we promote equality and diversity in our workplace, and we encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.