Campaign Director (Sales)
Raconteur is seeking a first-class Campaign Director (Sales) to pitch and sell fully integrated print and digital solutions directly to clients and create long-term relationships with leading B2B businesses. Owning the entire sales process, the ideal candidate will engage senior decision-makers and pitch Raconteur's full suite of publishing products. These include B2B special interest print reports in The Times, roundtables, as well as a range of digital publishing solutions on raconteur.net.
Given this is a senior sales role, the right candidate will need a provable track record of winning new business and growing existing accounts by selling complex solutions, and consistently beating targets.
Raconteur was founded in 2008 on the conviction that business leaders value quality content that is expertly produced and beautifully designed. Almost 15 years later, we remain convinced that professionals are searching for journalism that inspires and informs on new ways of doing business and new approaches to leadership.
Our audience chooses Raconteur because our journalism stands out from the competition. We are committed to providing quality long-form stories that use eye-catching design and striking data visualisation. That’s why we obsess over illustrations, analyse data sets for the hidden stories and work with leading opinion-formers.
Across our journalism, we aim to uncover what the future holds for the business world, analyse what it means, and offer practical advice and inspiration on how to navigate it. We want to help you understand the world so you can make better decisions and lead more effectively.
- Identify revenue opportunities from new business and existing account conversations and sell appropriate integrated solutions from our suite of products
- Grow these accounts from £20-£50k clients into £100k+ clients
- Prospect effectively, organize your time, and deliver credible, professional sales pitches to new prospects and existing client contacts in order to achieve ambitious sales targets
- Using strong research skills, identify trends and unique ideas to leverage in sales pitches
- Work closely with our commercial content team to ensure best-in-class delivery and ensuring repeat business
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of selling complex, integrated, media solutions for high value
- Experience of growing accounts from initial pitch to building long-term client relationships
- Clear evidence of working to, and exceeding sales targets
- Exceptional knowledge of publishing industry and products
- Can excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ambitious, inspiring, creative and inquisitive
- Passionate about sales and business development
Remuneration & Additional benefits:
- Highly competitive salary (DOE) and commission plan
- Highly flexible remote working policy
- Vitality health insurance (previous medical history disregarded)
- “Work from anywhere” up to 4 weeks a year
- 25 days holiday per annum, +1 additional day holiday for each year worked at the company (capped at a max of 3)
- Personal Learning & Development budget of £300
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- Employment Assistance Programme
- Workplace Nursery Benefit
- Fun social events calendar and quarterly team / company socials
- Plenty of free fruit and a well-stocked drinks fridge
At Raconteur we recognise that diversity is critical to our continued success, growth and enjoyment at work. We seek to hire, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and therefore encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.