The Role – Campaign Manager
Raconteur is seeking first-class sales individuals to create special interest B2B campaigns involving business reports in The Times / The Sunday Times and digital content solutions on raconteur.net. The role is similar to that of a movie producer: write the script, finance it by pitching advertisers and hand pick the team that is going to create it, project managing multiple elements throughout. The end result of each campaign which you manage is a 16-page report distributed nationwide. Seeing your name printed on the first page as “Campaign Manager” in The Times / Sunday Times makes this a sales role with a tangible and rewarding output!
This is a fast-paced, unique sales role – giving you access to a national press platform where the content you commission can inspire and challenge the UK’s largest and most senior business readership. The successful applicant will join a vibrant, energetic and collaborative team who are driven by high performance.
We are a business publisher focused on content that challenges and inspires modern business leaders, both online and in print through our distribution partnership with The Times and The Sunday Times. We were recently crowned the PPA’s Business Media Brand of the Year at an awards ceremony often referred to as the Oscars of the publishing world. Our goal is to build on recent audience growth and become the go-to resource for senior business leaders. Over the past two years we have doubled our revenue, more than tripled our profit and increased our headcount by 100%.
We also put huge emphasis on our culture, focusing on nurturing and growing exceptional talent while committing to promoting and ensuring wellbeing, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It’s one of the reasons why we are working towards being a certified B Corp. All of this means it's a truly exciting time to join the Raconteur team and help us achieve our ambitious growth and brand plans.
What you'll be doing
- Create revenue to fund the project and make it profitable by selling print advertising and advertorial spaces within the Special Report
- Identify digital revenue opportunities from conversations and sell appropriate digital content solutions on our premium content website, raconteur.net
- Prospect effectively, organize your time, and deliver credible, professional sales pitches to new prospects in order to achieve ambitious sales targets
- Using strong research skills, identify trends and unique ideas for each report topic to develop an in-depth knowledge of the subject and feed into the editorial planning process
- Project manage the process – providing input on editorial and design, including liaison with expert freelance journalists and our award winning in-house design team to ensure the finished products meets the standards expected by all stakeholders
Our ideal candidate:
- Some sales experience gained in a commercially geared role
- Experience working to and exceeding sales targets
- Can excel in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of digital publishing solutions
- Ambitious, inspiring, creative and inquisitive
- Passionate about sales and business development - you see sales as a career path
What we offer:
- Private health insurance (which includes discounted gym membership)
- Private dental insurance
- A highly flexible remote-working policy
- ‘Work Anywhere’ benefit that allows staff to work from abroad for up to four weeks per year
- 25 days holiday per annum, +1 additional day holiday for each year worked at the company for the first three years
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- Nursery benefit
- Extensive training programme and development opportunities, including a personal learning and development budget
- Life Assurance
- An Employee Assistance Programme, which includes free counseling sessions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- An annual ‘Raconteur Day’, where the whole company has a day away from the office that does not use any holiday
- A vibrant social calendar
At Raconteur we recognise that diversity is critical to our continued success, growth and enjoyment at work. We seek to hire, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and therefore encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.