Raconteur is seeking an experienced commercial leader to pitch and sell fully integrated print and digital solutions to clients and create long-term commercial partnerships with leading B2B brands.
Owning the entire sales process, you will engage senior decision-makers in discussion, gain a deep understanding of their challenges and pitch relevant solutions from Raconteur's suite of marketing services products. These include B2B special interest print reports in The Times, digital content hubs, insights reports, research and roundtables, as well as a range of digital content and demand-generation solutions on raconteur.net.
While you will be expected to own your sales targets, you will receive exceptional support from Raconteur’s senior leadership, branded content, marketing, data, editorial and design teams. As such, an ability to collaborate and build strong relationships across the business will be key.
Given this is a senior sales role, the right candidate will need a provable track record in winning new business and growing existing accounts. They will also need to demonstrate experience in selling complex solutions to enterprise clients and consistently beating sales targets.
Raconteur is a B2B media brand focused on creating content that challenges and inspires modern business leaders.
In recent years we have expanded our digital product suite and invested heavily into our data, audience and creative functions. That, combined with our long-standing distribution partnership with The Times and The Sunday Times, gives Raconteur a highly competitive market proposition.
Our vision is to become the go-to resource for senior business leaders and the partner of choice for the B2B brands that want to influence their purchase decisions.
In 2023 Raconteur became one of just three media brands to be certified as a B-Corp, demonstrating our unwavering commitment to high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability.
All of this means it's a truly exciting time to join the Raconteur team and contribute to the next phase of growth.
What you'll be doing
- Identifying revenue opportunities from new business and existing account conversations, and selling appropriate integrated solutions from our suite of products.
- Growing client accounts from £20k-£50k to £250k+ annual revenue.
- Prospecting effectively, organising your time, and delivering credible and memorable sales pitches to new prospects and existing contacts in order to achieve sales targets.
- Using strong research skills to identify trends and unique ideas that can be used in sales pitches.
- Working closely with our commercial content team to ensure best-in-class delivery that leads to repeat business
Our ideal candidate
- Exceptional knowledge of the marketing world and challenges faced by B2B marketers.
- Experience selling complex, integrated marketing services solutions on high-value contracts.
- Experience in growing accounts from new business wins to long-term, high-value client relationships.
- Passionate about solving client problems and challenges.
- Clear evidence of exceeding sales targets.
- Confident user of sales tech. Our stack includes Salesforce, Salesloft, Cognism, Linkedin Sales Navigator and Bombora.
- Ambitious, inspiring, creative and inquisitive.
What we offer
- A highly competitive basic salary and generous, uncapped commission structure.
- Private health insurance (which includes discounted gym membership and a range of other benefits).
- Private dental insurance.
- Hybrid working: we’re in our central London office on Mondays and Thursdays.
- ‘Work Anywhere’ benefit that allows staff to work from abroad for up to four weeks per year.
- 25 days holiday per annum + one additional day’s holiday for each year worked at the company.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies.
- Salary sacrifice nursery benefit.
- Extensive training programme and development opportunities.
- Life assurance.
- An employee assistance programme (including free counselling sessions).
- An annual ‘Raconteur Day’, where the whole company has a day away from the office that does not use any holiday.
- A vibrant social calendar.
At Raconteur we recognise that diversity is critical to our continued success and growth. We seek to hire, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and therefore encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.